Sunday, May 20, 2007

Hello UU World

Today on May 20th, 2007, I officially became a Unitarian Universalist (UU). I am very excited about this, since I never thought that I would be a member of a "church". I am also a geek, so what better way to express this elation than to start a new blog! I currently have a professional blog at http://xavier.ashe.com called The Lazy Genius. It covers hackers, crackers, and all thing dealing with information security. It's not really the place for discussing my spirituality, so I decided to start a new blog here. Bonus geek points if you understand the blog title, but for everyone else, "Gnu" is pronounced, "New".

Thank you very much for stopping by. I will be discussing and musing about my exploration through UU. I live in Atlanta and attend the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta (UUCA). I have been attending since early fall of last year, but finally made it official today. So far I have participated in many interesting adult religion education (RE) classes, attended a few events with the 20s/30s group, enrolled my daughter in children's RE classes, and plan to do a lot more.

I'll cover my faith journey history in future posts, but expect to see topics that include shamanism, humanism, existentialism, catholicism, and of course Unitarian Universalism. Man, that's a lot of -isms. Feel free to comment on anything, to disagree or just to tell me I am being silly. I've got some pretty thick skin, so please be honest.

Again, thank you for reading my spiritual blog and sharing in my experiences.

7 comments:

Raene said...

first post!

:D

Welcome to UUCA :) I saw your joining this morning at the 11:15 service. Hope to see you around sometime at the 20s/30s events.

Noel

kinsi said...

Congrats on the joining, and welcome to UUCA! I caught you join both services (I was the guy who coordinated of the flower whatnot) and am looking forward to seeing you more inside the 20s/30s group.

And on a separate note, welcome to the world of UU blogging. There are quite a few of us at UUCA who blog our way through church life, myself included :-D

Lilylou said...

Welcome, Xavier, and stop by Ms. Kitty's sometime.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Welcome to the community. If you are up Chattanooga way, give us a holler.

Chutney said...

Welcome to the blUUgosphere! (I hate putting that in the middle of words, but, hey, there you have it.)

UUpdater said...

As I was grepping through other UU posts I saw someone mention your blog. I have added it to UUpdates.net.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and welcome!