Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Home for the Holidays

My job is great. Most of the year I work from home, have challenging and stimulating assignments, and get to travel occasionally. But sometimes the occasional travel piles up in a row. This month I have been to New York, Kuala Lumpur, and Kentucky (the latter being a family trip). From December 1st until the 23rd, I only slept at home 3 nights transitioning from one trip to the other. I missed out on all the holiday social events, all the hectic shopping, and tons of fun UUCA events.

We did a fun Christmas tour. It started in Kentucky with my family there. Audrey and the boys got extremely spoiled and we all had a blast. Christmas Eve was spent with former family members and my Parents. Santa came and treated our new family well. After a few hours of playing, it was off to non-custodial parents. We finished the tour up with dessert and drinks at Leah's parents.

It was a crazy month for other reasons, too. In New York, I proposed to Leah. As some of you know, I am a single dad and she has two boys. So we are combining households. It is very exciting. I love having a full house again, and Audrey loves her new soon-to-be brothers and her new soon-to-be stepmother. In fact she has started referring to them as such. This all makes me very happy.

However, my two bedroom to a bit too small for the full circus. So we are looking for a bigger place. The only hard rules are being inside the Morningside school district, 3 bedrooms, and less than $2000 a month. We're not ready to buy yet, so we are looking for something to rent. It's a challenging task, being in the middle of the holidays, but the sooner we can make this happen, the easier life will be for everyone in the family.

So while it's nice to have the next week off of work, it will be spent getting things ready for my new family. Do not mistake this post for complaints... I am loving this new phase in my life. However, it is a bit tiring. Tonight I do get to sleep in my bed with my fiancée in my house. :)

I got some cool books from Leah... I'll post about that soon. Happy Holidays everyone.

No comments: