Monday, May 12, 2008

Belated Mother's day note

I have two great mother's in my live. They need to be celebrated.

The first mother is my wife of 10 days. She manages to make it look easy to take three kids to three different schools, with three different schedules, make breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack, keep all of us in clean clothes and in a clean house. Add into the equations three kids that like to get sick, Jorgito's special health needs, and Leo's sensitive immune system. She does it all so well, that you wouldn't think that it was a very hard task. She still has enough energy and love to play with the kids, play games with me, and generally stay very happy. She not only only takes care of us, but makes us happy, brings us joy, and shows us so much love that it's easy to forget how challenging life can be. Audrey and I could not have found a better person to be my wife and her mother. Thank You, Leah.

The other mother that needs celebrating is my own. I let you in on a little secret of my wedding. During the reception, Leah's ex decided that he was going to bail on taking the boys for the week of our Honeymoon. I spent a good portion of my reception dealing with the fact that the honeymoon was probably off. Then my mother told Leah and I that under on circumstances were we going to miss our honeymoon. They moved into our house and took care of three children with all the above mentioned challenges. My mother still has a job and my dad has church and school board obligations. But they made it work. And the children had a blast.

I've never been much of a mother's boy, but when the chips are down, my parents have been there for me. From moving to Milwaukee to help me after I separated, to helping me throughout the $20k, 2-year divorce, to ensuring I had a stress free honeymoon... they are the best parents in the world.

No comments: